- Racist teenagers or pages posting racist stuff on facebook. Insulting all immigrants with things like ‘go back where you came from’ and all immigrants are ’taking’ their jobs. DON’T YOU EVEN START WITH ME ABOUT JOB SHIT YOU WHORE. The jobs that immigrants are doing are the jobs that you ‘white’ australians don’t want to do. Want to have a job??? Drive a taxi No It’s too dangerous. Work at a restaurant Nahh the pay’s shit There are many jobs in Australia that need to be done and are not being done because you guys would rather take money from the Government than actually have a job.
- Also related to the racism posts: THIS BITCH WAS ACTUALLY COMPLAINING THAT SHE WAS SCARED TO GO TO THE DOCTORS BECAUSE THEY WERE ETHNIC AND WOULD PROBABLY NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER!! Are you fucking kidding me??? THEY ARE FUCKING DOCTORS!!! THIS COUNTRY NEEDS DOCTORS AND NOT MANY AUSTRALIANS ARE WILLING TO BECOME ONE. SO WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT MEANT TO DO??? HIRE THEM FROM OVERSEAS SO YOU CAN FEEL BETTER.
- The refugees shit. Okay, I understand that they need to get away from their country and letting them stay here is a good idea but why does the government have to provide everything for them. Just let them in and let them take care of things themselves. In case this government hasn’t noticed Australia is in 680 billion dollars in debt. Giving more money to the poor and refugees is not going to help anything.
- Hardly anyone in India is being granted a visa to even visit this god forsaken country like what is the deal??? Students who actually want to come to this country and study and then go back is also impossible. The Universities are begging for students and these students who will actually contribute to the economy and not being allowed in.
- My parents fighting over silly things
"Imperialism became a sort of public religion to which practically everyone subscribed, because he found something in it to please his heart (the common man), to ease his conscience (the missionary), to enrich his pocket (the trader), to satisfy his curiosity (the explorer), to fulfill his earth mission (the upholder of progress and civilization), to win laurels (the soldier and the governor), to improve his family (the younger sons of the aristocracy), and to indulge his ego (the white man’s burden). It did good to his heart to see that his nation could accomplish so much. He liked his wars to be fought far away from his island home if it was possible; the far-flung empire made it possible. He also liked his wars to be fought in the name of God; the imperial pro-consul-cum-thinker offered him the intensely pleasing revelation that to fight for the empire was to advocate the ways of Providence. He also liked his wars to be won by his own side; Western superiority in arms combined with the decadence and disunity of races to be conquered guaranteed victory. The conversion of the Englishman was complete. It would have been astonishing had it not been so."
— The British in India: A Study in Imperialism, K. K. Aziz (via mughalmoney)